Here is your weekly commercial drivers travel update, which sets out changes and events that could affect your planned operations.
South West London
From 23:59 on Friday 29 September, until 23:59 on Sunday 1 October, South Lambeth Road between Miles Street and Parry Street will be closed. This is for crane work.
From 04:00 until 23:59 on Saturday 30 September, Regent Street will be closed southbound from Mortimer Street to Oxford Circus and both directions between Oxford Circus and Piccadilly Circus. The following roads will also be closed: New Burlington Street (00:01 until 23:59) and Great Marlborough Street (02:00 until 23:59). This is for an event.
From 11:30 until 19:30 on Sunday 1 October, roads around the stadium will be busier than usual, including A406, Harrow Road and Wembley High Road. This is due to an event.
From 14:30 until 17:30 on Sunday 1 October, there will be short traffic holds and road closures on the following roads: North Carriage Drive, Bayswater Road, Trafalgar Square via Oxford Street eastbound, Regent Street southbound, Piccadilly Circus, Haymarket, Cockspur Street, and Whitehall southbound. This is due to a march.
From 11:00 until 14:00 on Monday 2 October, Millbank between Parliament Square and Horseferry Road will have temporary closures in both directions. This is for a ceremonial event.
The following tunnels will be closed for maintenance works over the next week:
• A40 Hanger Lane Tunnel (Park Royal) westbound closed from 22:00 Thursday 28 to 05:00 Friday 29 September
• A40 Hanger Lane Tunnel (Park Royal) eastbound closed from 22:00 Friday 29 to 05:00 Saturday 30 September
• A13/A200 Rotherhithe Tunnel closed from 22:00 Monday 2 to 05:00 Tuesday 3 October
• A406 Fore Street Tunnel (Park Royal) closed from 22:00 Thursday 5 to 05:00 Friday 6 October
Hanger Lane gyratory(W5 /NW10)
From 22:00 Thursday 21 September, until 05:00 1 November, Hanger Lane (North Circular Road) gyratory and its approaches will have overnight restrictions (22:00-05:00) in place Monday to Fridays, excluding 28 and 29 September and 5, 26 and 27 October. This is to facilitate maintenance works.
Temporary changes planned for the next two weeks:
• No access to Hanger Lane gyratory from the northbound A406 Hanger Lane (coming from Ealing) and lane closures on the gyratory on the nights of Monday 2 and Tuesday 3 October
• No access to westbound A40 Western Avenue (towards Oxford and Uxbridge) from Hanger Lane gyratory and lane closures on the gyratory on Wednesday 4 October
• No access to the Hanger Lane gyratory from the eastbound A40 Western Avenue (coming from Oxford and Uxbridge) and lane closures on the gyratory on the nights for Friday 6 and Monday 9 October
• No access to the Hanger Lane gyratory from the eastbound A40 Western Avenue (coming from Oxford and Uxbridge), lane closures on the gyratory and A4005 Hanger Lane exit closed on the nights for Tuesday 10 and Wednesday 11 October
• Lane Closures on Hanger Lane gyratory and approaches and A4005 Hanger Lane exit closed on the nights of Thursday 12 and Friday 13 October
Advance warning: Hammersmith flyover westbound closures
There will be a full overnight closure (23:59-05:00) of the westbound Hammersmith flyover on the nights of Tuesday 10 and Wednesday 11 October, Tuesday 7 and Wednesday 8 November, and Tuesday 5 and 6 December. One eastbound lane will also be closed during these times. This is due to essential maintenance roadworks.
Advance warning: Closure of A1 Holloway Road – December 2017/January 2018
We are planning to demolish and replace the main section of Highbury Corner Bridge over the Christmas and New Year period 2017/2018.
A 20-day closure will be needed on the A1 Holloway Road, in both directions, to carry this work out. This length of closure is necessary to enable us to carry out the complex task of replacing the bridge which is part of the live railway network below ground.
Cycle Superhighway 9
We’re consulting on proposals for Cycle Superhighway 9 which goes from Kensington Olympia to Brentford town centre. The consultation closes on 31 October and details can be found here
For the latest status update on road travel, please click here
For more traffic information, visit tfl.gov.uk/trafficnews
If you have any queries, require further clarification or wish to unsubscribe from these bulletins, please email firstname.lastname@example.org