Here is your weekly commercial drivers travel update, which sets out changes and events that could affect your planned operations.
Brent A406/A404 Harrow Road
On Thursday 13 and Friday 14 July and from Monday 17 to Wednesday 19 July, we are carrying out resurfacing works between the junctions with the A404 Harrow Road and B4557 Drury Way. From 22:00 each night until 05:00 the following morning, there will be no access to the eastbound North Circular Road from Harrow Road. There will also be southbound lane restrictions on Harrow Road and eastbound lane restrictions on the North Circular Road.
Brent Cross, A406/A41
From 22:00 until 05:00 each night until Wednesday 23 August, structural surveys are being carried out on the A41 Brent Cross Flyover at the junction with the A406. There are lane closures, restrictions and a temporary overnight closure of the flyover with diversion routes in place.
• Until Thursday 20 July: two lanes will be closed on the A406 southbound, with one lane remaining open
• Monday 31 July to Wednesday 9 August: A41 eastbound carriageway will be closed between the north-west and north-east slip road.
The following tunnels will be closed for maintenance works over the next week:
• A406 Fore Street Tunnel: From 22:00 tonight, Thursday 13 July, until 05:00 Friday 14 July
• A12 Green Man Tunnel eastbound: From 22:00 Friday 14 to 05:00 Saturday 15 July
• A12 George Green Tunnel eastbound: From 22:00 Friday 14 to 05:00 Saturday 15 July
• A102 Blackwall Tunnel southbound: From 01:00 until 08:00 on Sunday 16 July and at the same times on the Sunday mornings of 6 and 20 August
• A2 Eltham Tunnel Kent-bound: from 22:00 Sunday 16 to 05:00 Monday 17 July
• A13/A200 Rotherhithe Tunnel: From 22:00 Monday 17 to 05:00 Tuesday 18 July
• A13 East India Dock Tunnel: From 22:00 Monday 17 to 05:00 Tuesday 18 July
• Limehouse Link Tunnel: Closed from 22:00 until 05:00 the following morning on the nights of Tuesday 18, Wednesday 19 and Thursday 20 July
From tomorrow, Friday 14 July until Sunday 23 July, the World ParaAthletics Championships are taking place at the London Stadium, Stratford. There may be delays to traffic and local road closures. For more information, please visit tfl.gov.uk/world-athletics
From 21:00 to 23:59 on Friday 14 and Saturday 15, and 20:00 to 23:59 on Sunday 16 July, Grove Road will be closed between Gore Road and Roman Road, and Old Ford Road closed between Mace Street and St Stephen’s Road. This is due to an event.
City of London
From 06:00 until midday on Saturday 15 July, there will be westbound lane restrictions on Lower Thames Street between Harp Lane and Pudding Lane. This is for utility works.
From 08:00 until midday on Saturday 15 July, Whitehall will be closed in both directions between Parliament Square and Trafalgar Square. This is for a ceremonial event.
From 15:30 until 18:00 on Saturday 15 July, there will be road closures on Clerkenwell Road, Rosebery Avenue and Farringdon Road. Local roads in the vicinity will also be closed from 06:00. This is for a procession.
From 08:00 until 16:00 on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 July, and during the same times each weekend until Sunday 6 August, there will be westbound lane restrictions on High Holborn at the junction of Endell Street. This is for a crane operation.
From midday until 16:00 on Sunday 16 July, there will be delays to traffic and road closures on Whitehall, Whitehall Place and Parliament Square. This is for a demonstration.
From 07:00 until 19:00 on Sunday 16 and Sunday 23 July, Regent Street will be closed in both directions, between Piccadilly Circus and Oxford Street, and southbound between Mortimer Street and Oxford Street. New Burlington Street will also be closed between 05:00 and 21:00. This is for events.
City of London
We will be carrying out overnight surveys around A201 Farringdon Road/Farringdon Street and some road closures will be required from 22:00 until 05:00 the next day:
• Sunday 16 July – A201 southbound closed between Charterhouse Street and Stonecutter Street
• Monday 17 July – A201 closed in both directions between Charterhouse Street and Clerkenwell Road
• Thursday 20 July – No left turn from Clerkenwell Road into the A201 northbound
• Sunday 23 July – A201 southbound closed between Clerkenwell Road and Charterhouse Street
A4 West Cromwell Road
There will be westbound lane one restrictions between Earls Court Road and Templeton Place from 01:00 on Monday 17 July until midnight on Saturday 29 July. Lane two may also have restrictions in place from 22:00 until 05:00 on some nights during this period. This is for roadworks.
From 22:00 on Friday 21 until around 14:00 on Monday 24 July, there will be a full westbound closure from the junction of Chelsea Bridge to the junction of Battersea Bridge. This is for collaborative preparatory and utility works.
The London Triathlon takes place in and around east London on Saturday 22 July and on closed roads around central London on Sunday 23 July. For more information, please click here
For the latest status update on road travel, please click here
For more traffic information, visit tfl.gov.uk/trafficnews
If you have any queries, require further clarification or wish to unsubscribe from these bulletins, please email email@example.com